Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Haiku to President Obama

At our table at AWP, we asked visitors to write Haiku postcards to President Obama. It was (and still is) an opportunity to let him hear the voices of poets and writers and all those who have the ability to imagine a world that is better.

Despite my best intentions, I was too exhausted at the end of each day to post during the event. Here are some of my favorite Haiku from AWP. I hope to post more soon. If you're interested in writing a Haiku postcard to the president, please email me.

asked "how long" -
the general's hands spread
wider
-Barry George

Promises burn wide.
My health diminishes you,
You of your questions.
- McKenzie S.

Health care flashing on
cherry blossoms unfold now
rose flushed with vigor
- Joanie Mackowski

You aren't much better
cause you're still beholden to
capitalism

- Lauren Eggert-Crowe

No comments: