Deadline: August 2, 2012
On The Issues Magazine, the online magazine of progressive, feminist thinking, seeks poems on the enduring issues and challenges that women and progressives will face, no matter who wins the fall election. Four sub-concerns that define the topic a bit further are:
· health care and reproductive rights;
· economic security and parity;
· peace, safety and security (including international issues, violence against women, civil liberties, LGBTQ rights and concerns, and prisons); and
· the presentation of women in popular culture.
We welcome poems in all styles, approaching these issues in all sorts of ways.
Please send up to 3 poems (no more than 2 pages each) to Poetry Co-Editor Sarah Browning at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, August 2, 2012. Please do not send to Sarah’s Split This Rock email.
· Send the poems in the body of a single email. Attachments will not be opened. If your poem is chosen for publication we will request a copy in Word in order to insure that the formatting is correct.
· Include a cover note with a 2-3 sentence bio.
· Previously published in print is acceptable, but not on the web.
· Simultaneous submissions accepted.
· We regret that there is no financial compensation.
· All are invited to submit.
We look forward to seeing your poems!