PARTY! Come celebrate with us at our 2nd Anniversary & Awards show! We're fun people, we promise.
*Advance tickets on sale now for $20: http://bit.ly/
(Buying in advance enters you in a raffle to win $100 worth of sushi! Details below.)
The evening will begin with a reception where you can see and buy cool arts and crafts made by artsy and crafty APIA folk, get your glamour-shot on in our fabulous Sulu DC photo-booth by a professional photographer, and drink and mingle with all the lovely peoples before the featured performances and award ceremony.
Hosted by critically acclaimed spoken word pioneer, Regie Cabico the night's performers include:
- Screening of short films by deaf filmmaker and playwright Sabina England;
- Keva I. Lee, professional dominatrix, fetish model, and former counselor for sex workers in the criminal justice system;
- Chip Han, Virginia-based beat boxer and winner of the 2010 Kollaboration DC talent showcase;
- J Pharaoh & the Manhattan Project, a hip-hop/soul/rock band out of Virginia Beach
- DJ Boo, a Filipino-American DJ and musician based in New York
We will also be announcing the recipients of the following awards:
-Artist of the Year Award
-Community Contribution Award
-Community Partner Award
-Sulu DC Star Award
-Sulu DC House Award
So come mingle with some down and happenin' people, make new friends and rock out, all the while supporting phenomenal AAPI artists. Doesn't get much better than that! Plus, who doesn't love a reason to get a little dressed up?
Sponsored in part by Toki Underground, DC APA Film, Ichiban Sushi in McLean, Artisphere and Kollaboration DC.
* Everyone who buys a ticket online in advance will be entered in a special raffle for a $100 gift certificate to Ichiban Sushi in McLean! Don't miss this opportunity to host the best holiday party ever -- buy your discounted advance tickets now at http://bit.ly/
The deets: Each ticket purchased counts as one entry. The winner will be announced at the show. You must be present to win.